Welcome To My Poker World

Poker.com * 100% Sign Up Bonus * $35,000+ In Weekly Freerolls * $50,000 Monthly Freeroll * Instant Freeroll Entry With Initial Deposit * Player Rankings * Multiple Deposit & Withdrawal Options * Constantly Updated Software * Game Features: Rabbit, Fold & Show 1 card, plus more!

Thursday 1 February 2007

What exactley are we eating?

Being a keen gardener, and its coming upto that time of year to think about cleaning the greenhouse out, actually no thats wrong, saving the greenhouse, its suffering from a lot of storm damage.
I have got my stock of seeds ready and prepared, and thinking about getting some early Tomato's sown.

I love home grown food, and we wasted a lot last year because we didnt have the right storage for it, but that has been sorted for this year. And I am determind to get this garden into proper working order this year, instead of just fathing about.

We're a pretty healthy family and we do insist the kids eat veg on a very regular basis. But it does pose the question what exactley are we eating.

Fresh veg isn't the same as it used to be. Lets take tomato's for instance.

Tomato's off the vine, can go off after a week, but store bought tom's last for months at the back of the fridge.
To me that doesn't seem right, we understand that our meat is processed to the hilt, but to imagine that veg is good for you but last for months when it should'nt is a little worrying in my opinion.

So wellies on, fork in hand and plenty of good muck, I'm gonna try and a good years amount of veg out of the garden.

No comments: